Realtor.com searched metro areas where the median home prices are under $300,000., had top-notch outdoor access and close enough to provide the time to enjoy it.
Chico? A respectable #7, thank you very much AND was the only city listed west of the Mississippi due to its bike friendly nature and access to awesome parks like Lassen Volcanic National park.
The full criteria involved in their search included:
- Number of national parks within a four-hour drive (weekend getaway)
- Number of state parks or beaches within a one-hour drive (afternoon getaway)
- Restaurants with outdoor seating
- Annual months of mild weather, with daily highs between 60 and 80 degrees
- Bicycle-friendliness rating from the League of American Bicyclists
- Median Home prices under $300,000
Read the full details and sources here - but only after your daily dose of the outdoors, of course.